Last week Rapha and I had the opportunity to participate in a small group discussion about the challenges children are struggling around the world. This post shows the results of the issues identified and the consequences children are experiencing in different cultures.
Reading Time: 2”
Leia em Português
Challenges and Consequences for Children Around the world
The results we show below were compiled from a discussion involving people representing several countries, including Brazil, China, Colombia, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and United States, in the Transformational Children’s Ministry class at Christ For The Nations Institute, Dallas.
Life Issues for Children in Different Cultures:
- Temptations: peers (measuring up), words, personal
- No boundaries
- Addictions: technology, their world, TV, movies
- They can’t spend time with family (South Korea)
- Gender issues (Brazil)
- Lack of interaction / relationship (Brazil / USA)
- Comparison / Competition through social media (Brazil / USA)
- Pressure to look cool (America)
- Performance driven (have to be good enough) (Malaysia)
- Absence of father / single parents
- Sexual immorality (abuse)
- Youtubers / media influencers
- Busy parents
- Over control of parents upon children
- Lack of good education (Colombia)
- Lack of food (Colombia)
- School far from home (walk a long time) (Colombia)
- Hopelessness (Japan)
- No future vision
- Low self esteem
- Distrust of adults
Consequences for the Children:
- Selfish/ Isolation
- Lack of identity
- Spiritually strained to want escape
- No godly world view
- Sharing faith leads to offense
- Exclusivity (selfishness)
- Surface level relationships
- Social development
- Fully dependence on parents
- Kids hide their reality because they don’t have the opportunity to share with someone that can help (Colombia)
- Overly stimulated
- Pressure of performance
- Dress nicer for others
- Unhealthy friendships
All over the world children are suffering from various dilemmas nowadays. These problems are a direct result of dysfunctional families, aggravated by the absence of parents and over-access to social medias.
So decide today to invest your time to transform the life of a child by loving them. The best definition of love is time, and the best time is now.
Prayer: God, I thank you for our precious children. Please make me a transformation agent to bless these kids around the world, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
What is the Holy Spirit saying to you?
Leave your comment below